We believe that gambling should be a fun and recreational activity for all of our customers, but we acknowledge that gambling can have negative impacts for some people.
We are committed to promoting responsible gambling practices. Our responsible gambling policy sets out the ways that we do this. Some of the ways include:
- Allowing our customers to set a pre-commitment or deposit limit
- Allowing our customers to self-exclude (either temporarily or permanently) from betting with us
- Providing responsible gambling information and messages to our customers
- Training our staff about responsible gambling
- Referring our customers who are at risk of problem gambling to gambling help services.
We aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Minimising gambling harm to individuals and the broader community
- Enabling customers to make informed decisions about their gambling practices
- Enabling people adversely affected by gambling to have access to timely and appropriate assistance and information
- Promoting a shared understanding between individuals, communities, the gambling industry and Government of responsible gambling practices
- Ensuring the gambling industry provides safe and supportive environments for gambling products and services.
We want all of our customers to enjoy gambling in a safe and responsible manner, and to understand what responsible gambling means.
We also want our customers to be able to identify if they are losing control over their gambling.
Problem gambling occurs when a person loses control over their gambling, particularly the scope and frequency of gambling, the amount of money gambled and the amount of time devoted to gambling.